Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Two new lipglosses

The title is extraordinarily direct, and it's not a liar. Today, after a long hiatus, I bring you two new lipglosses. Yes, you read that right. Not one, not four, not twenty five, but two new lipglosses.

Why two you ask? Well, one would just be lonely.

About the Lipgloss


First of all, I want to say that I couldn't have done this without Shyne's tutorial. She made it idiot-proof, which is great, because -- well...you know. It's an awesome tutorial. I highly recommend it.

In fact, the tutorial was so awesome that my first lipgloss came out good enough to be shared with the general public.

So, without further ado, here it is:

The Sparkly Gloss


Named because it looked very Sparkly in CTU (and still kinda does in-game), this my first-born lipgloss. Treat it kindly.




As you can see, my model, Lacy, is wearing red. To get this deep, true red, you literally need to make it more of a true red which looks like this. That's the only thing that really needs to be mentioned. In the future, I'll improve and release lipsticks where you can input the color you want and the outcome will be that color.

The Dewy Gloss


So named because, initially, I thought it had a dew-like quality. (I think that less-so now, but couldn't be arsed with changing the name.)

And, seeing how Venetia is darker complected than Lacy, I thought I would experiment with hue. And here, she is sporting (what I think) is a rather lovely pink.



Tips about these two here lip glosses:


As I mentioned above, they look best when you use them with bright colors. These bright colors turn out darker and more muted then the colors you pick. I don't know if it's the method I used to do the lipstick, or if it's something I did wrong -- but whatever. It's not a big problem to me, and, chances are, it's not a biggie for you if you don't mind playing around with the nifty little color wheel and sliders.

Download:

The Sparkly Lips HERE

The Dewy Lips HERE

No comments: